Read the complete contest rules below before submitting your film.
- Submissions must be made online and can only be made by students enrolled in a public or private Georgia college/university associated with the Georgia Communication Association (GCA). Recent (2022) graduates of a member school may submit but must adhere to the guidelines.
- Four genres of films will be accepted to the competition, but there are no separate categories for awards. Submission categories are as follows: documentary, narrative, music video, and PSA video.
- Films must be no longer than ten minutes.
- Films must have been created within the past two calendar years (2021-2022)
- Only one entry per student; however, there is no limit to the number of films that may be submitted from any one GCA member institution.
- A faculty member is required to be listed on all student entries. You must identify the faculty sponsor’s name, title, and contact information.
- The student’s film must be submitted with the student’s name, institution, contact information, film title, run time, sponsoring faculty, and the faculty member’s contact information (see above).
- Creativity is encouraged. In an effort to maintain the spirit of the conference and festival, judges may consider excessive/gratuitous use of offensive language, use of unsubstantiated assertions, and pornography of any kind grounds for disqualification from consideration.
- A representative from your school must be present at the awards ceremony on Friday, February 17, 2023, to collect prize money associated with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place films. This is a competitive festival; submission does not mean that your work will be screened at the GCA Film Festival. Judges will view the submissions and use a common rubric to tally final scores that decide the best works submitted. Students will be notified in advance (by Thursday, February 1, 2023) if their work will be screened at the festival on February 17, 2023, at Augusta University in Augusta, Georgia.
- Violation of any of the aforementioned stipulations will result in disqualification from the festival.
Festival winners will be notified by Thursday, February 1st, and recognized on Friday evening, February 17th, at the GCA 2023 Annual Conference during the “Dinner and a Movie” event.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the festival director, Prof. Sangsun Choi, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit now: https://forms.gle/dVAQgnj9FSkwCPgx6
The film Submission deadline is midnight Friday, December 30, 2022.
Submission Categories: Documentary | Narrative | Music video | PSA video