Note: The following instructions apply only to the official copy of the paper you submit to the Proceedings. You do not have to adhere to the following instructions for the papers you actually hand out at the conference. What you give to those attending your sessions may be in any format.
- The final due date for all submissions is March 1, 2023, at 11:59 pm.
- Create your papers in Microsoft Word.
- E-mail your electronic Word file to email@example.com (Barbara G. Tucker, Editor). Please do not send a PDF or other file type.
- You will receive a reply e-mail to confirm receipt of your file. You may contact me at 706.272.4411.
- Use portrait orientation.
- Use Mirror Margins with the top and bottom margins set at 0.73, the inside margin at .93, and the outside margin at 0.63. (Template accompanies this document).
- Be sure to use only one space after any punctuation, including periods and colons.
- Use real quotation marks ( “ and ” ), single quotation marks ( ‘ and ’ ), and apostrophes ( ’ ).
- Use the appropriate measurement symbols ( ′ and ″, etc.).
- Bulleted items should hang indent so that no bulleted item text is aligned under the bullet. If you used outlined or numbered bullets, remember that the rule of division says you cannot have a “1” under you also have a “2,” you cannot have an “A” unless you also have a “B,” etc.
- The Publication Manual of the APA (7th edition) is the correct style manual for this paper. However, there are a few variations to be included in the Proceedings:
- You can see a previous version of the Proceedings here.
- Use single space instead of double space.
- The text of the paper’s paragraphs should be in Arial at 11 points.
- Do not use justified right margins. Use the automatic leading (13.2.—for our purposes, this just means the default).
- Put a line space between paragraphs, and do not indent paragraphs.
A sample of the paper is available here.